Home About Best Of The List Sponsor/PR Contact Image Map

Ultimate Nail Polish Guide for Autumn

18 October 2013

Maybe "Ultimate" isn't the best way to describe my nail polish selection for this post, but we'll go with it...

First things first, I'm no beauty blogger. I wish I was. I wish I had the know-how, the time, and the endless monies to be able to play with makeup/ beauty/ hair products, alas, I am lazy, and poor so there's no help for me there. So if you were looking for a guide with real beauty knowledge, you should probably leave now because I can offer you no legitimate beauty advice. I never sometimes brush my hair, wear minimal makeup, and generally use whatever face wash is on sale.. or whatever my roommate has in the cabinet.

That being said, there is one thing that I indulge in: nail polish. I started wearing it to stop me from biting my nails, and then I just kind of went with it. I mean, it usually chips after the first day, and more often than not I smudge it almost immediately after painting them. But I still do it. Go figure. Plus the colours are just, so like, totally cute, right?

Here are a few of my favourite polishes that I've been using this season, and since I'm not a beauty blogger, (see above) I'm going to describe the polishes with all the finesse I have. Voila.. and... stuff.
As you can see the first colour is this super fab, um, purpley reddish colour. The polish is Essie's "Bahama Mama". Who knew a colour called Bahama Mama would be a fall colour? I guess it's probably not meant to be a fall colour, but as Bon Jovi said, "it's my life, I'll wear whatever nail polish I freaking want" or something like that.
Here we have this really dark shimmering blue with purple. Super cute. It's called "Yoga-Ta Get This Blue" and it's from OPI. I love this colour because it's blue and can also be used as a microphone. Also this is the closest thing I'm ever going to get to actual "yoga".
This beautiful lilac purple is from the Modern Family collection by Nicole by OPI. It's called "Am I Making Myself Claire?". I heard somewhere that this type of colour is a "soft romantic" colour. That's cool because what girl doesn't love a little romance in her life?
The last colour is Essie's "Blanc". Little known fact, "blanc" is French for white. I know this because I'm Canadian and therefore bilingual. Another fact, when I wear this colour I feel like Miley Cyrus. Minus the naked wrecking ball part.

So there you guys have it! Also it's Friiiiday! Queue #backthatazzup Friday.


 photo l3yS7WM_zpsda5bd45c.jpg

Now go paint your nails whilst listening to this bomb song and have a great weekend!

Peace!

*Disclaimer: Please excuse the overuse of sarcasm in the post. It's a disease and I'm being treated.


 photo signature_zps2625a20e.png

Odd One Out

4 comments :

  1. dude I'm totally wearing the wrong colors...I must change them...now! Well maybe I'm just using this is an excuse to repaint my nails for the 3rd time this week. OH well! I like your bloggy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, no one is supposed to look THAT good while pulling faces! I kinda hate you right now. And your gorgeous hair. :P

    I'm a serial smudger too, BUT! I found a really awesome trick - tried it once and it seemed to work fine. Fill your basin with ice cold water, dip nails in for about 30 seconds - TA DA! Dry nails :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. After reading https://essayclick.net/blog/nature-vs-nurture-essay you can learn more about writing Nature vs Nurture Essay. It's really important to know

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're wonderful) Your blog is perfect) Writing a poem is a great test of your creative abilities. If you are not good in poem writing, you can always rely on top-papers - poem writing paper service.

    ReplyDelete

You Might Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...