Home About Best Of The List Sponsor/PR Contact Image Map

A to Z Book Survey

25 October 2013

So I saw this survey a few weeks ago on Kristin's blog and I've been planning to do it ever since!

I'm a big reader, so I found this survey to be quite fun, and if you're into it you should totally do it too!

Author you've read the most books from.
Don't judge me but, Nicholas Sparks. I actually enjoy reading his books because I can breeze through them so quickly.

Best sequel ever.
Recently I'd have to go with Catching Fire from The Hunger Games trilogy. It's actually my favourite of the three. All time though I'm going to have to say Harry Potter, because the series got me into reading as a kid, plus it's HP, duh.

Currently reading
Allegiant. It's so good!

Drink of choice while reading.
Tea. Duh.

E-reader of physical book.
If I know I want to add the book to a physical library, I'll but the physical book, but I do like e-reading.

Fictional character you would have probably dated in high school.
HAH. Yeah right. Me? Date in high school? I was too big a nerd. But if I were a total babe back then I would certainly have to go with the same answer as Kristin. Jon Snow. Because he knows nothing, and due to me being a complete nerd, I'm certain I know everything.

Glad you gave this book a chance.
Warm Bodies. Not into zombie books, but I really enjoyed this one.

Hidden gem book.
The Guernsey Literary and the Potato Peel Pie Society. Longest book title, right? It's a small book, but soooo good. Especially if you enjoy books that are set during war times.

Important moment in your reading life.
I remember picking up The Diary of Anne Frank when I was a kid and just crying in my room about how they were being treated. I had never understood World War II to great extent because I was so young, but reading the true story of a girl that was there put things into perspective. It changed my life.

Just finished.
The Hobbit! It took me a while, but I did it!

Kinds of books you won't read.
I stand by trying to give books a chance (see Warm Bodies), but I do limit myself to some books. I will never read Fifty Shades of Grey, or anything like it, including Twilight. Also I don't particularly like Jodi Picoult novels either..

Longest book you've ever read.
At 766, Harry Potter and the Order of the Pheonix takes the prize. Thanks Goodreads.

Major book hangover because of...
The Fault in Our Stars. I read it in a weekend so I felt like I was just chill in' out with Gus and Hazel and then all of a sudden I wasn't. Bummer.

Number of bookcases you own.
Technically two. Jess and I share one bookcase for our textbooks which is kept in the storage room because it's an eyesore. The other bookshelf is in the living room, and it has both of our collections on it.

One book you have read multiple times.
I've only ever reread Harry Potter and The Hunger Games. And I don't technically "reread" I just reread the bits I liked best.

Preferred place to read.
I will read anywhere. On the couch, in bed, on the subway, break room at work. As long as I'm comfy.

Quote from a book you've read that inspires you.
"People can tell you to keep your mouth shut, but that doesn't stop you from having your own opinion" Anne Frank, The Diary of a Young Girl

"The worst part of holding the memories is not the pain. It's the loneliness of it. Memories need to be shared" Lois Lowry, The Giver

Reading regret.
I went through a phase where clutter used to actually make me feel anxious, so I would throw stuff out to avoid having to find new space for it. During this phase I through out almost half of my library. I wish I had kept the books, or at least donated them.

Series you started and need to finish.
Veronica Roth's Divergent series. And I'm doing that as. we. speak. ish.

Three of your all-time favourite books.
1. Pride & Prejudice by Jane Austen; 2. The Giver by Lois Lowry; and 3. HP (Hufflepuffs unite)

Unapologetic fangirl for...
Chick-lit. I like reading Nicholas Sparks and Sophia Kinsella. What are you going to do about it?

Very excited for this release more than all the others.
Technically is just came out, but Allegiant by Veronica Roth. I work at a book store and you better believe I bought that sucker first thing in the morning.

Worst bookish habit.
I bend the spines of books I'm reading. I actually like the way it looks. Makes my books look well-used.

Your latest book purchase.
Allegiant by Veronica Roth

Zzz-snatcher book (the last book that kept you up way late).
The Fault in Our Stars. I just wanted to see if Gus and Hazel would get to Amsterdam and live happily ever after!

And there you have it folks!

Also, it's #backthatazzup Friday so go ahead and fill out this survey yourself whilst jamming to the magic that is Phil Collins. You're welcome.



 photo signature_zps2625a20e.png

Odd One Out

2 comments :

  1. Ooooh I like this survey. Must remember to do it some time. Also, you're very lucky for never having wasted hours of your life that you'll never get back on Twilight. What the hell was I thinking back then. Clearly not thinking. :(

    ReplyDelete

You Might Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...