Home About Best Of The List Sponsor/PR Contact Image Map

Hair probs & other confessions

29 October 2013

Beauty Confessions...

Last week I shared some of my favourite nail polishes this season, and in doing so I confessed that I'm not much of a "beauty" girl. Since you guys enjoyed it so much, I've decided to share with you all some more of my "Beauty Confessions". 

I don't brush my hair..
Okay, so I brush my hair sometimes but for the most part, I part my hair and let it air dry. My hair is just so long and wavy that if I do brush it, it poofs out a la Hermione Granger. There is the odd time I will comb it out after I wash it though. Which brings me to my next confessions...

I wash my hair maybe 2 or 3 times a week.
Not to be confused with showering. I generally shower daily, I just don't always wash my hair. My excuse again being that my hair is so long, washing it all of the time actually dries it out, and it takes forever to rinse out. I'm lazy, so sue me. Honestly though, it's actually really good for your hair if you don't over wash it. It does dry out the hair, so your body tries to overproduce oils to make up for the dryness, making it way more oily than it should be. I typically use dry shampoo to keep my hair looking so fresh an' so clean.

Sometimes I don't wash all my makeup off at night.
It's gross. I'm not saying I'm proud of it. Sometimes I'm just so exhausted that I barely have the energy to get into bed let alone wash my face. No bueno. This one's going to need some major work.

I definitely don't drink 8 glasses of water per day.
Maybe like, 5? I know drinking water is good for your overall health, and staying hydrated is super important but sometimes instead of grabbing water to drink, I'll grab a Coke or juice. Bad Kate.

I don't get my hair cut every 6 weeks.
I read somewhere that in order to maintain healthy hair and natural growth, you should get your hair trimmed every six weeks. Well this white girl is poor so she can't afford that many hair cuts. I think the last time I got my hair cut was in July.... so my hair is pretty darn long. I definitely need a haircut..

As Usher Raymond IV would say, these are my confessions. What are yours?

ALSO my friend Karly is doing this super rad linkup with Glossy Blonde called Totally Posted Tuesdays. So go check it out and link up!

Peace out, Kate

Odd One Out

2 comments :

  1. Yeah so we clearly have the same beauty routine. Never wash my hair more than 3 times a week, never remember to take off my makeup at night, always let it air dry and eff me if i remember to drink more than 2 glasses of water a day. but coffee is mostly water so that counts right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. So with the exception of the hair brushing you and I could be the same person!! lol I brush my hair everyday because even though it poofs like Hermione if I don't it knots so bad!

    ReplyDelete

You Might Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...