Home About Best Of The List Sponsor/PR Contact Image Map

5 Reasons Why I'll Never Be The Next Rachel Ray

03 October 2013

If you follow me on Twitter, you'll know that the other day I took on the task of recreating Cracker Barrel's delicious chicken and dumplings. You'll also know that the outcome was not as fantastic as I would have liked...

Source
Wait, sorry, that's what it was supposed to look like.
Yeah... I mean, I did try to make it look snazzy and everything once I put it in my bowl...
Look at how well I cut those green onions! In all honesty, it didn't taste bad, it just looked awful. I swear!

Anyways, this cooking fiasco led me to the conclusion that, no matter how hard I try, I will never be the next Rachel Ray. Here's why:

1. I think measurements are more of a guideline than a rule...
2. Even when I time it, it always burns. Always.
3. When I see the kids on Master Chef Junior making perfect meals from scratch, I feel inadequate and want to just give up.
4. It almost never looks like the picture it promises it should look like. Which doesn't make me want to eat it because all I can think of is disappointment.
5. Pizza pockets are just way easier. 3 minutes and you're done!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Odd One Out

 photo signature_zps2625a20e.png

3 comments :

  1. it looks amazing! we love the "measurements are a guidline" animiation!

    http://www.mkstyleramblings.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same! My creations NEVER look like the pictures!

    ReplyDelete

You Might Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...