Family Day long weekend? What the heck is that? Baaaasically it was a holiday created by the government because they felt we needed an extra stat holiday somewhere in between New Years and Easter. It's essentially called Family Day in the hopes that families will use this day to spend with each other. So whether today you are celebrating Family Day or not, I'm going to show you how to enjoy Family Day.
1. Prep yo'self by giving yourself an at-home haircut.
2. Go Outside.
3. Play board games. Whip out Clue or Monopoly and watch the fists fly! Nothing says loving family like a little competition, and in my family, there's always bloodshed.
4. Take a picture to commemorate the day!
Pictures or it didn't happen.
5. Eat. You've heard the expression, "there's nothing like Grandma's cooking". In my family, it's my aunt Kathleen's cooking, and her chilli is dangerous, man.
6. Watch the Winter Olympics. I'm Canadian, so it's practically sacrilege if you don't want the Winter Olympics. Our slogan this year is literally #WeAreWinter. I'm not even kidding.
7. Go to a movie. So maybe you don't really like to talk to your family... go see a movie. You're guaranteed a good two and a half hours of no-talk time, and you still have the right to say you spent the afternoon together. Win-win.
8. Just don't. Don't feel like doing anything today? You'd rather just spend your extra day off laying in bed and eating? Okay, I won't judge. I mean, that's basically what I'm doing today..
I hope you guys are having a fantastic Family Day/ Monday!
And if you're not already, follow me on Instagram!
Sources// 2 & 6