Home About Best Of The List Sponsor/PR Contact Image Map

Procrastination

12 January 2013

You know when you're in a job interview and the person interviewing you asks the question, "what are some of your weaknesses?". Obviously, I answer with some exaggerated fable about how I just work too much, and I have a hard time leaving things unfinished. But the first thing that always runs through my mind when I think of some of my weaknesses is, I'm a procrastinator.

I mean, sure once I do get started on something, I really do want to finish it. The issue is, getting it started. Take this post for instance. I thought about writing something at least once a day this week. It took me finally just sitting down and making myself do it. Don't get me wrong, it's not that I had to force myself to write because I didn't want to, it's just that I never make the time, and the opportunity slips by.

Which is why this is another thing on my list of 2013 that I want to change. Not just because procrastination can bring so much pressure and anxiety, (have you ever tried writing an 8-page research paper in 1 night? Not fun) but I'm just tired of letting opportunities pass me by because I waited too long. I'm making a conscious effort to make the deadlines, and experience things I never got to before because I procrastinated.

Step one: apply to university.

1 comment :

You Might Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...